5:00 PM – 11:00 PM: Welcome to Frostburg’s Bicentennial Festival, City Place & City Square, 10 W. Mechanic St. Call Daniel Witter for information on participation. 301-659-8300, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crafts, food vendors, kids zone, horse-drawn carriage rides, and beer garden.
A variety of musical entertainment (6 live bands)
- MidLife Crisis 5-6 PM
- Loretta Hummel 6-7 PM
- LLUSH 7-8 PM
- The Allegheny Mountian Playboys 8-9 PM
- Lady Invidia 9-10 PM
- Velveeta 10-11 PM
- The “Kids Zone” will feature games from 1812, photo opportunities with historic figures, inflatable games, balloon tying, face painting and many other family activities. In addition, the Frostburg Fire Department will showcase a highly equipped fire engine and fireman’s protective gear.
- We have added new and exciting adult activities to our Festival. Come zip down our 18 foot Super Slide or challenge others in (Big Glove Boxing). Here opponents bounce around in an inflatable boxing ring struggling to lift their gloves and connect. The over sized gloves combined with the inflatable floor become a clumsy, laugh-out-loud, entertaining spectacle. Hilarious to watch for spectators as it is for participants.
- Classy Chassy Car Club Cruise-In
- Performances by the Frostburg Dance Academy
- Frostburg: Document 2012 (The Bicentennial Book) Michael Lease, email@example.com.
- A Day in the Life of Frostburg: A 2012 Video Documentary, Michael Snyder, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The History of Frostburg Film Micheal McAlexander, email@example.com.
- The Bicentennial Quilt
- The 1962 Sesquicentennial Parade
- A Photo Sharing/Show and Tell Opportunity
- Frostburg in 1938 Film
- Community Model Railroad Club Train Layout and Displays Joe Brumage, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are partnering with local churches, vendors, restaurants, brewers, non profits, and artists to create an event that is uniquely Frostburg.
The proceeds from this event will be donated to the Bobby Preston Memorial Fund to assist in the construction of an outdoor amphitheater and honor wall at the Glendening Recreation Complex in Frostburg.